It’s a packed week at Full Sail. Seriously. We’ve got a Major League Gaming tournament, a Baldwin brother, a dozen big names from the game industry, an award-winning film and game composer, a TV executive, and more. And for online students: some of these events will be live streamed for you via GoTo Training. Check out all of the details below.
- Actor, writer, and producer William Baldwin (Backdraft, “Gossip Girl,” “Hawaii Five-O”) will discuss how to properly develop and pitch an idea to Hollywood executives. More details.
- This month’s free Show Production Final Project Concert features a set by local Beatles cover band, BEATLEiSh. More details.
- Producer Warren Kohler (the co-founder of Beyond Comprehension Inc./Wide Spirit Productions LLC) will lead an online presentation about how to create your own entertainment company or brand. There will be a Q&A session afterwards. More details. (RSVP)
- Learn about how students with recording arts, film, design, and cinematography experience can get involved in the professional paranormal entertainment industry during this ‘Paranormal 101’ presentation from Dave Mears. More details. (RSVP)
- Get a free Halloween T-shirt and GPS credit for donating blood during this month’s OneBlood Blood Drive. More details. (RSVP)
- Award-winning film and game composer Chance Thomas will talk to student about his work on the soundtrack for the Avatar game. More details. (RSVP)
- The 14 members of Full Sail’s Game Studies Advisory Board (who work for companies like Volition, Rockstar Games, EA, and more) will network with students during a two-night Meet and Greet on the Full Sail backlot. More details. (RSVP)
- Team up with other students to brainstorm ideas for ESPN during the monthly ESPN Sessions meetings in the Full Sail University Sports Lab. This event will be live streamed for online students. More details. (RSVP)
- Get a free Halloween T-shirt and GPS credit for donating blood during this month’s OneBlood Blood Drive. More details.
- The Game Studies Advisory Board Meet and Greet continues with another night of networking on Full Sail’s backlot. More details. (RSVP)
- Music Business grad John Hilgers will talk to students about his career managing artists and his new documentary series, “Live and Loud TV.” This event will be live streamed for online students. More details. (RSVP)
- Learn about how television executives monetize their content during a guest presentation from Wayne Becker, who has worked for USA Network, ESPN/StarSports, and more. More details. (RSVP)
- Ask legendary music business attorney Al Schlesinger questions about the industry during an Online Music Roundtable and Q&A Session. More details. (RSVP)
- Full Sail’s Mobile Development Program Manager Joe DeSetto will speak on a panel about Funding during Trucks & Tech, a free food truck and technology event taking place at downtown Orlando’s Lake Eola. More details.
- The Major League Gaming Fall Invitational comes to the Full Sail Live Venue, for two major Call of Duty: Black Ops II and DOTA 2 tournaments. Information on purchasing tickets or streaming the tournament online, plus a full schedule, is available here. More details.
- Bryan Engram, a 3D character animator and the owner of Green Grass Studios, will speak to students about his career path and what it’s like for animators just entering the field. More details.
- Full Sail graduates in the Virginia/Washington D.C. area can attend a free Alumni Networking Event at Capital Audio Post. More details.
- More Major League Gaming in the Full Sail Live Venue. More details.