There are some exciting people on campus this week, including a Senior Environment Artist (FS grad) from the company behind World of Warcraft and the guy responsible for booking Live Nation-branded shows in the Southeast. Check out all of the details below:
- A trio of developers from Adobe will be here to talk to students about how to use Adobe’s PhoneGap platform when building mobile apps. More details. (UPDATE: Online students can livestream the presentation on the Adobe Connect website.)
- Learn about potential job opportunities with hybrid advertising agency-content production company Tauntr Media during a presentation from CEO Marc Gallucci. More details.
- The industry’s first U.S.-based conference dedicated to mobile gaming kicks off this week in San Francisco, and three Full Sail faculty members will be there. More details. (Check back on the blog next week for a recap.)
- If you or your band wants to book an upcoming gig on campus, head to the Memorial Day Celebration Band Auditions in FS4E-Room 106. More details.
- Adjunct professor and successful businessman Stedman Graham (above) returns to Full Sail to lead a presentation based on his best-selling book. More details.
- Online students can get help with their resumes during a virtual resume workshop in the Career Development Wimba Classroom. More details.
- The Computer Animation-3D Arts’ guest Artist Series brings Full Sail grad Peet Cooper back to campus, who’s now a Senior Environment Artist at Blizzard Entertainment. More details.
- Take advantage of on-campus resources and fine tune your resume with one of Career Development‘s Resume Architects. More details.
- May’s In-Flight Movie is the Academy-Award winning The Descendants, and one of the film’s researchers will be here to chat after the screening. More details.
- LibraryPalooza may not be a real word, but it’s a real outdoor concert featuring four talented Full Sail student musicians and bands. More details.
- Full Sail grad and casting agent Jason Skweres will dish out networking advice and conduct on-the-spot mock interviews with students. More details.
- For anyone interested in a career in the music business, Live Nation‘s Jim Mallonee – with over 30 years experience in the industry as a talent booker – is a good man to pick the brains of. More details.