Terminator Genisys, the fifth installment in the sci-fi action franchise originally created by James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd, will hit U.S. theaters tomorrow, July 1.
The film features returning star Arnold Schwarzenegger, this time playing the role of a T-800 (Model 101) cyborg known as “The Guardian.” Schwarzenegger’s co-stars include Jason Clarke as John Connor, leader of the human Resistance; Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, John’s mother; and Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese, the man sent back in time to protect her.
Directed by Alan Taylor, Genisys is a soft reboot of the Terminator franchise. Sarah and her protectors must fight the omnipresent villainous AI system Skynet – but within a timeline differing from the one established in previous films.
From digital morphing to stop motion and puppeteering – remember those 1984 T-800 Endoskeletons? – Terminator films have a long history of VFX pioneering and risk-taking. And this year, the series’ iconic visual effects evolution continues; Genisys viewers can expect dynamic fire-and-molten-metal shots, computer-generated characters, and digitally rendered nuclear explosions.
We’re proud to announce that over 20 Full Sail alumni were credited on the film in various production roles. Grads known to have worked on the film at the time of this posting include:
- Benj Gibicsar (Film; ager/dyer)
- Carl Lawson (Film; assistant production office coordinator)
- Chad Taylor (Film; digital loader)
- Chris Cochran (Film; rigging grip)
- Evan Woss (Film; costume assistant)
- Holly Meinert (Film; art production assistant)
- John C. Hoffler Jr. (Film; second assistant camera)
- Jonathan Wester (Film; production assistant)
- Judah Getz (Recording Arts; ADR mixer)
- Justin Kursinsky (Film; electrician)
- Kevin Fannon (Film; grip)
- Kristin Peterman (Film; assistant production office coordinator)
- Lee Pierce (Film; cast assistant)
- Lyndsey Pendley (Computer Animation; stereoscopic paint artist)
- Nathan Mulligan (Film; production assistant)
- Nick Thompson (Digital Media; visual effects coordinator)
- Patrick Redmond (Film; edge head technician)
- Ray Brown (Film; production secretary)
- Ray Meibam (Film; additional second assistant camera)
- Stephen Daniel Wayne (Film; set production assistant)
- Taylor Newman (Film; set production assistant)
- Tim Bird (Film; additional set electric: second unit)