It’s the final day of Hall of Fame Week, and so far, this has been the best one yet. We’re gearing up to finish strong with another full day of panels and lectures, Meet & Greets, live music, and more. Everything has been leading up to tonight’s 6th Annual Hall of Fame Induction Viewing Party, which is set to be the perfect ending to a week full of celebrations. In the meantime, check out some of Day Three’s best offerings:
- Apple shook up the software development community this summer with the announcement of a new programming language, Swift. Developers discuss its current and potential impact in the Swift & the Future of iOS Development panel.
- Join Assistant Directors Larry Katz and Mathew Dunne as they discuss their work on films like X-Men: First Class and Iron Man 3 in How Assistant Directors Corral the Chaos of a Blockbuster Action Film Set.
- A director, an editor, and an actor all walk into a panel… will they survive? Find out at the Success in Horror panel, featuring Darren Lynn Bousman, Hunter M. Via, and J Larose.
- Show production experts discuss creative venues (and how to make the most of them) in From Arenas to Aircraft Carries: the Show Goes On.
- A good user interface is critical to your game’s success. This panel of experts will give you tips to get there in Why UX May Be the Two Most Important Letters in Gaming.
- Meet & Greets in the Full Sail Library with Hall of Fame inductees Hunter Via, Susan Rose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Larry Katz, Joey Morelli, Phil Tan, Jordan “DJ Swivel” Young, Jeremy Vickery, and Culley Bunker.
- The Student Club Fair kicks off in the Treehouse Atrium at 10 a.m. The event will feature representatives from campus social clubs as well as food trucks.
- Join us for live music in the Treehouse from 1 p.m.- 4 p.m. with performances by The GreenTrees & Beezy, Logan Belle, Bill Parry, and Travis Imboden.
- Join us on the Backlot for The 6th Annual Hall of Fame Induction Viewing Party, a block party-style viewing of the ceremony complete with food, contests, and special guests. The red carpet kicks things off at 4 p.m., and the event will also be streamed on YouTube for online students who would like to watch at home.
NOTE: Panels and locations are subject to change. Students attending panels in the Live Venue or 3B should line up for each of the panels via the Backlot, not through the 3B Lobby.
Head on over to Connect or the official Hall of Fame website for a full listing of today’s events. You can join the conversation using the hash tag #fullsailhof on Twitter and Instagram.