We’re kicking off the first day of Hall of Fame Week right with dozens of guest speakers and panelists, current and past Hall of Fame inductees, and special events happening all around campus. It’s all part of our three-day celebration leading up to the 6th Annual Hall of Fame Induction Viewing Party. Today’s events include over 20 lectures and panels, meet & greets, live performances, and much more. Here’s a sampling of what else you can expect on Day One:
- Andrew Kautz of Big Machine Label Group discusses his company’s approach to artist relations in Behind the Big Machine: How An Indie Label’s Artist-Friendly Approach Creates Superstars.
- The Future of Serialized Media panel takes a look at what makes a successful series, and why storytelling is a key part of the process.
- If you’ve ever wondered what goes in to the making of a hit song, don’t miss Behind the Beats with DJ Swivel.
- Backstreet Boy Howie D shares his secrets of continued success in After the Hits: A Conversation with Howie D about Longevity in the Music Business.
- in Frozen, Taylor Swift, and Why Spotify Hasn’t Killed the CD Yet.
- Join a panel of experts as they discuss the history and future of recording in The Evolution of the Studio.
- Meet & Greets in the Full Sail Library with Hall of Fame inductees Jameson Durall, Chance Glasco, Carlton Lynn, Lesline Brathwaite, Tom Boyd, Demacio “Demo” Castellon, Tim Naylor, Ric Viers, and Troy DeVolld.
- The Student Club Fair kicks off in the Treehouse Atrium at 10 a.m. The event will feature representatives from campus social clubs as well as food trucks.
- Join us for live music in the Treehouse from 1 p.m.-6 p.m. with performances by Marion Shockley, Ackera Williams, Zach Cabral, Claudio Matta, Wheeler Neuman & the Cosmic Roots Collective, and Ian Von.
- The Treehouse will also host “Call of Duty” and “Super Smash Brothers” game competitions from 6 p.m. to midnight.
NOTE: Panels and locations are subject to change. Students attending panels in the Live Venue or 3B should line up for each of the panels via the Backlot, not through the 3B Lobby.
Head on over to Connect or the official Hall of Fame website for a full listing of today’s events. You can join the conversation using the hash tag #fullsailhof on Twitter and Instagram.