We’re just days away from kicking off Hall of Fame Week, and this year’s celebration is shaping up to be our biggest and best one yet. In addition to dozens of panels, workshops, and meet & greets, we’ve added a bunch of exciting opportunities for online and campus students to get in on the action—including scavenger hunts, a photo content, and more. It all builds up to the Seventh Annual Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, where we’ll welcome six amazing grads into the Hall of Fame. It’s all happening February 15-19. You can head on over to Connect or the official Hall of Fame website for all of the latest details. In the meantime, check out a few of the week’s best offerings.
- The week’s festivities kick off on Monday, February 15 with a Grammy Viewing Party in the Full Sail Live venue.
- The Career & Technology Expo happening from 3pm-7pm on Tuesday, February 16 will feature vendors and industry leaders ready to connect with students, including IBM Design,Royal Caribbean, Reel FX, AV Media, Hangout Music Festival,EdgeFactory, and more.
- Brand strategist and graduate Phil Pallen breaks down how to harness the power of the internet to maximize your personal branding potential in You.com: How To Create a Powerful Personal Brand.
- Join graduate and veteran producer, mixer, and engineer Demo Castellon as he lays out real-world tips for success (and holds nothing back) in Real Talk With Demo Castellon.
- 2010 Digital Arts & Design grad Dina Rodriguez is presenting two workshops this year, where she’ll demonstrate techniques for creating awesome hand lettered designs.
- Want to give yourself an edge in the job market? A panel of experts discuss how they branched out beyond their specialty fields to broaden their professional horizons in The Multi-Tool Mentality.
- Game developers have more tools at their disposal than ever before to draw players in. But a good game is more than the sum of its parts. Grads and industry leaders discuss the new golden age of video games in Beyond Mechanics: Designing a More Powerful Game.
- Industry professionals tackle strategies for making a start-up stand out above the crowd in Check Your Tech: Starting Up and Throwing Down.
- In a digital age, how people watch movies is as important a consideration for cinematographer as framing and visualization. The Reframe: How Digital Distribution is Changing Cinematography panel delves into the nuances of how transmedia is changing the industry.
- Recent grads discuss their experience breaking into the industry in Next Steps: An Open Conversation with Leslie Brathwaite and Recent Grads.
- On Friday, February 19, students and staff are invited to watch a live feed of the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at the 7th Annual Hall of Fame Induction Viewing Party. Join us in front of the FS3B Entertainment Business Building for a block party-style viewing of the ceremony complete with food, contests, and special guests. The red carpet kicks things off at 4 p.m., and the event will also be streamed on YouTube for online students who would like to watch at home.
Stay tuned to the blog, Connect, and our social channels for updates, and as always, you can join the conversation on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook using the hash tag #FullSailHOF.