We’re just a few weeks away from kicking off the Sixth Annual Hall of Fame Week, and this year’s celebration promises to be the biggest one yet. Set to take place March 18-20, Hall of Fame Week brings a host of exciting educational opportunities to the Full Sail campus, including over 50 lectures, panel discussions, and workshops, live music, a brand new Career & Technology Expo, and much more. The week culminates with the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, where six of Full Sail’s most accomplished graduates will be honored for their professional achievements and contributions to the Full Sail community.
The full list of panels and workshops can be found on the official Hall of Fame website, but here’s a small sampling of what you can expect to find on this year’s schedule:
- Grads who’ve won major awards discuss what it’s like to receive top accolades, and why obtaining statues shouldn’t be the driving force behind your work in Awards and Accolades: It’s Not About the Metal on the Shelf.
- As podcasts and web series continue to experience steady market growth, they provide new voices with an outlet to showcase their unique talents. The Future of Serialized Media panel will delve into what makes for a successful series, and why storytelling is still key.
- Award winning producer and Full Sail alum Jordan “DJ Swivel” Young takes us Behind the Beats in a special panel devoted to what makes a hit song.
- Starting a business takes a lot of hard work, stamina, and creativity to achieve results. In the Rise of the Creative Entrepreneur panel, a group of successful business owners (and Hall of Fame inductees) share their thoughts on what it takes to balance artistic integrity and business acumen.
- The Evolution of the Studio panel takes a look at how both recording tools and experiences have changed over time, and what that means for clients, engineers, producers, and more.
Other highlights include:
- Live music presented in Full Sail’s newest on-campus venue, The Treehouse.
- Meet and greets
- New this year is the Career & Technology Expo, happening from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, March 19. The Expo will feature vendors and businesses ready to connect with students. Companies like Disney, IBM Design, Universal, and Bonnier Corporation will be on hand to provide networking opportunities. Vendors include Adobe, Avid, Sennheiser, Murphy Lighting, Novation, QSC, Sony, Wacom, and more.
- Full Sail On Air will feature live, interactive chats with special guests. Students can submit questions using the #fullsailonair hash tag on twitter.
For further details on this year’s inductees or Hall of Fame Week, head on over to hallof fame.fullsail.edu for the latest information. You can also join in on the conversation via Twitter using the hash tag #fullsailhof.