Our Year in Review series features the best of life at Full Sail in 2016, highlighting award-winning grads, student work, industry guests, and more.
With the end of 2016 coming to a close, we like to take this time to reflect on events – both on and off campus – that Full Sail has been a part of. Each year, our students are given multiple opportunities to work live productions, attend guest lectures, live performances, and networking opportunities.
- In February, six more outstanding Full Sail alums were welcomed into the Hall of Fame during our Seventh Annual Hall of Fame Week, an event which also brought students dozens of lectures, workshops, and one-on-one sessions with industry leaders.
- Our newest campus venue – The Treehouse – played host to many different events this year, from concerts to a television series premiere. The Treehouse also provides a space for other events such as open mic nights, guest speaker seminars, and a viewing space for student films.
- The Vans Warped Tour announced its 2016 lineup via live webcast from Full Sail Live, making this the first time the entire lineup was announced all at once.
- Pop punk band Set It Off held their album release party for Upside Down in Full Sail Live.
- American Idol finalist Dalton Rapattoni made Full Sail Live one of the official stops on his Inspired Attempt Tour.
- Career Development was a part of two major networking events – one in Los Angeles and one at Camping World Stadium in partnership with the Miami Dolphins.
- Full Sail unveiled two new campus spaces for emerging technology: the VR/AR Lab and the Full Sail FabLab.
- The pilot episode for documentary series Architects of Hip Hop was filmed right here on campus.
- The gaming world had a lot to offer this year, with game jams and game tournaments hosted on campus.
- The Sound Summit came to Full Sail through a partnership with Show Production Program Director Mark Johnson.
- The HUB gallery continued to host its bi-monthly showcase of student and faculty submitted artwork. All of the artwork is displayed in the building two lobby.
- Full Sail paid homage to our fallen soldiers with a Memorial Day event geared toward our veteran students.
- We also honored our veteran students and welcomed their families with a Thanksgiving dinner.
- Pure Motivation participated in many events this year, including the Come Out with Pride event in Downtown Orlando.
- The first annual Brave. Original. Leadership. Development (B.O.L.D.) summit took place this year during Global Entrepreneurship Week in The Treehouse, and welcomed many powerful women from the entertainment industry as guest speakers.