This week, students have some unique opportunities to hear from Full Sail grads who have been working in the entertainment industry. Check out the events happening this week, below:
- Bring business cards and a smile to the Game Development Networking Mixer, featuring a presentation by id Software Technical Producer and Full Sail Game Development graduate Grant Shonkwiler. Grant will present “How to be the Best Employee.” Following the presentation, students will have the chance to meet other grads working in the game industry, including Aaron Melcher from Turbine, Kerry Allen from EA and alumni from the local simulation community. More details.
- Find out what it’s like to work behind the scenes on events as large and challenging as the South by Southwest (SXSW) Conferences & Festivals from Dempsey Jones, a SXSW Volunteer Coordinator and SXSWfm Music Coordinator – and Gene Butler, an Event Production Coordinator for SXSW. They are joined by three Full Sail faculty and staff members with event production experience: Jamie Elasick, Chris Martingnago, and Heather Torres. More details.
- Aspiring engineers and producers: Join Career Development for a panel discussion with three Miami music veterans: Hector Mendez, Adrian Santalla, and Charles Dye. Hector Mendez is one of the owners of Studio Center Miami, Adrian “Drop” Santalla is a Miami-based music producer and sound engineer and founder of Drop Dead Beats, Inc., and Charles Dye is a multi-platinum, Grammy-winning engineer, mixer, and producer. More details.
- Enjoy a live performance and Q&A discussion with The Cold Start, an indie pop-rock band originating from England. The band’s manager, Full Sail graduate Amanda Vickers, will also be on hand to discuss the band’s marketing. More details. (RSVP)
- The New Jersey-based RockAndRoll Chorus returns to Full Sail for another amazing a cappella performance. This free event is open to the general public, and food trucks will be serving food from 6 to 8 p.m. More details.