It’s a busy week on campus, with multiple film screenings, a 24-hour Game Jam, and presentations from an EMMY-award winning producer, a recent graduate, and a potential employer. Check out all of the details below:
Cherylanne Martin, an EMMY-winning producer who’s worked on films like Forrest Gump, Cast Away, and Road to Perdition, will take part in a Q&A about the business of filmmaking and production. More details.
- Miami-based company Southern Audio Visual is looking to hire 10 AV Technicians this Fall, so they’ll be on campus to host a meet and greet, answer questions, and interview potential applicants. More details.
- This month’s Entertainment Business/Music Business Graduate Spotlight features Lauren Stark, a Merchandise Coordinator at Nashville’s BamaJam Productions. (This presentation will also be streamed for online students.) More details.
- Check out the drama Warrior during In-Flight Movies, then stick around for a Q&A session with Full Sail Creative Writing instructor Jillian Stein, who worked as an executive on the film. More details.
- The Show Production Final Project Concert for August features Tampa rock, blues, and jazz band Just n Theory. More details.
- The Game Studies program and Orlando’s chapter of the International Game Developers Association are hosting a free screening of Indie Game: The Movie for all Full Sail students. More details.
Those interested in making 2D games should sign up for this weekend’s ClickJam!, a 24-hour game jam being held in the EB Auditorium. (Bonus: students will get free game development software from ClickTeam for participating.) More details.