By this time next week we’ll be kicking off the Sixth Annual Hall of Fame Week on campus, beginning Wednesday, March 18 and running through Friday, March 20. Dozens of new panels, events, and guests have been added to the schedule, including representatives from MTV and Big Machine Label Group, Meet & Greets with Hall of Fame inductees, and performances set to take place in Full Sail’s newest on-campus venue, the Treehouse. The festivities culminate with the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on the afternoon of Friday, March 20, which students and staff are invited to watch live at an interactive, outdoor viewing party.
You can head on over to Connect or the official Hall of Fame website for all of the latest details. In the meantime, check out a few of the week’s best offerings.
We’ve added a bunch of panels to the schedule, including:
- The COO of Big Machine Label Group talks artist relations and how one indie label managed to become the driving force behind some of country’s biggest stars, including Taylor Swift and Tim McGraw in Behind the Big Machine: How An Indie Label’s Artist Friendly Approach Creates Superstars.
- Whether your team is at the top of their game or just bouncing back, fan engagement is critical to marketing a successful sports franchise. Industry professionals offer strategies that’ll reach all the way to the cheap seats in Points, Pyro, and Popcorn: How Sports Marketing Makes the Game Better.
- Technology continues to offer new and unique ways for consumers to engage with media. In The Crystal Ball: Where the Convergence of Technology, Art, and Media is Taking Us, MTV’s Vice President of Marketing Mindy Stockfield offers a glimpse into the future of the hottest industry trends.
- A panel of gaming experts discusses what makes for a great user experience in Why UX May Be the Two Most Important Letters in Gaming.
- Join Jeremy Ellis of Native Instruments for a breakdown of beatmaking techniques and equipment in Mad Pad Mashers: Maximizing Your Beatmaking Tools in the Studio and Onstage.
Full Sail also announced a handful of new events set to take place online and around campus:
- On Friday, March 20, students and staff are invited to watch a live feed of the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at the 6th Annual Hall of Fame Induction Viewing Party. Join us on the Backlot for a block party-style viewing of the ceremony complete with food, contests, and special guests. The red carpet kicks things off at 4 p.m., and the event will also be streamed on YouTube for online students who would like to watch at home.
- If you’ve ever thought about joining one of the many social clubs on campus, you can swing by the Treehouse Atrium Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 10 a.m. for the Student Club Fair. There will be food trucks and representatives from every club on campus on hand to answer your questions.
- Stick around after the Club Fair for the Hall of Fame Music Festival at the Treehouse. Enjoy live music from 1 p.m.-6p.m.on Wednesday and Thursday, and from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. on Friday.
- The Treehouse will also host a Game Tournament from 6 p.m.- midnight on Wednesday and 7 p.m.- midnight on Thursday. The event will feature competition play of Smash Brothers and Call of Duty.
- This year’s brand new Career & Technology Expo will be held on Thursday, March 19 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the FS4E Atrium. The Expo is an opportunity for students to connect with dozens of businesses offering recruiting services, on-site interviews, and product demonstrations. Attendees will be able to interact with representatives from AVID, Adobe, Sennheiser, PSAV, Universal Orlando, Audio Technica, Disney, IBM Design, and more.
- Students will also have the opportunity to participate in Meet & Greets with current and past Hall of Fame inductees. RSVP on Connect (but hurry, spots are filling up fast). More information about these opportunities is available here.
For more on Hall of Fame, join the conversation on Twitter using hashtag #fullsailhof.