With just a few days to go until Full Sail’s Eighth Annual Hall of Fame celebration, we’ve made a list of the top can’t-miss opportunities for this year’s events. Hall of Fame Week features panel discussions, workshops, career and technology expos, game competitions, live music, interactive activities, and much more.
The easiest way to stay connected with all of the action during Hall of Fame? Download the new Hall of Fame app from the App Store or Google Play for a full list of every single presentation, workshop, or special event during the week. Click here for instructions on how to download the app, and visit Connect to view a full list of features the app has to offer. We’ve also created a how-to guide for Hall of Fame week for our campus and online students.
The week culminates with the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, where six of Full Sail’s most accomplished graduates will be honored for their professional achievements in their industry as well as their contributions to the Full Sail community. This year, the ceremony will be open to all students, faculty, and staff, and will take place on the main stage right outside of Full Sail Live. Students will also get their own afterparty with live music, entertainment, and prize giveaways.
Hall of Fame Week takes place February 12-16. Be sure to join the conversation on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook by using the hashtag #FullSailHOF.
Panels, Presentations, Workshops, and Networking
- Join Hall of Fame inductee Keith Guerette for The Ever-Adapting Role of Visual Effects Artists where he’ll discuss the current state of the industry, where it’s heading, and what it means to be a VFX artist within it all.
- Hall of Fame inductee Stephen Beres will explain the behind-the-scenes process of creating an episode in Game of Thrones’ Script-to-Screen.
- Full Sail grad Phil Pallen will teach you how to create your own personal brand so that you can take the world head on the minute you graduate in his new workshop series, Brand (New) You: A Multi-Day Personal Branding Workshop.
- Recent Full Sail grads will discuss their transition from school to careers in the design, film, recording arts, and entertainment business industries during From Full-Time Student to Full-Time Job.
- Discover How to Position Yourself for Success in Today’s Game Industry with Full Sail grads and Hall of Fame inductees.
- Hall of Fame inductees and Full Sail grads will introduce you to tips to take your game to the next dimension in VR Development Tips with Doghead Simulations.
- Join Hall of Fame inductees Leslie Brathwaite and Jordan “DJ Swivel” Young for a Live Mix Session of the song of their choosing.
- Full Sail grad Michael LaPlante will discuss what it takes to create a successful company in Startups, Entrepreneurship, and Making Your Tech Business Work.
- Full Sail grads and Hall of Fame inductees discuss what it’s like to be on both sides of the interviewing process during Getting – and Keeping – Your Dream Job.
- Join Full Sail grads at the Independent Filmmaking in the Age of YouTube panel as they discuss how YouTube can function as a hub for your work and help you reach new audiences.
- Hall of Fame inductee Steve Switaj will explain the industry’s new approach to animation in Implementing New Technology in a Creative Environment.
- Green Room sessions and work-review sessions – featuring past Hall of Fame inductees – will offer students an opportunity to ask questions and receive feedback in a close-up environment.
Expos and Extras
- Our annual GRAMMY celebration kicks off the week on Sunday, February 12 in Full Sail Live. Red carpet starts at 7 p.m., and the show begins at 8 p.m. Be sure to keep an eye out for past and present Hall of Fame inductees in the crowd!
- The Full Sail University Career Expo Sponsored by SAIC will take place on Monday, February 13 from 12 – 5 p.m. in Full Sail Live. IZEA, IBM Design, Orlando Productions, and Universal Orlando are just a few of the companies that will be on hand to speak with students and alumni.
- A new Technology Expo will feature representatives from companies including Sony, Apple, Sennheiser, and Wacom, as well as local indie game companies. Check it out on Tuesday, February 13 from 12 – 4 p.m. in Full Sail Live.
- The game competition will now span two days, from Monday, February 13 to Tuesday, February 14 from 7 – 10:30 p.m. inside Full Sail Live. Sign up on Connect to compete in Smash Bros or Rocket League, as well as an Overwatch tournament designated specifically for our online students – hosted by Twitch partner DeejayKnight.
- Throughout the week, there will be interactive creative challenges in the 3B parking lot for students and staff to enjoy. Activities include a silent disco, rock wall, mini golf, and giant Jenga.
- Two stages – set up under the Full Sail Studios archway and in the parking lot near 3F – will feature movie screenings and live music throughout the week.