Six Full Sail alumni are headed to Rio de Janiero this April to serve as keynote speakers for the CG Extreme conference hosted by Brazilian media arts school Grupo Seven. The event is designed to showcase the latest trends in digital media, and these grads were selected to share their expertise in film, television, video games, and music.
Among them is Cordy Rierson, 1993 Film graduate, Full Sail Hall of Fame inductee, and executive producer at Microsoft Studios. As she explains, Brazil has seen steady growth in their computer graphics and entertainment industries, and she’s excited to learn more about the innovative work being produced by their artists.
“I’m looking forward to attending CG Extreme to get a sense of the industry there,” says Cordy. “Brazil has been rapidly developing in this space and I hope to learn from those on the ground how that is shaping up, and what it is doing for their economy. There could be great opportunities that come out of this.”
This will be the first trip to Brazil for many members of the alumni group, which also includes 2002 Computer Animation grad Nathaniel Howe. As creative director for Los Angeles design agency Nathaniel James, he explained his interest in discovering new inspiration while getting a better understanding of the culture.
“I am excited to be able to experience the colors and beauty of the country,” Nathaniel says. “Brazil has produced a lot of beautiful work and I am grateful for the opportunity to visit the country and connect with its artists. I am most excited to interact with the people, to hear what they are passionate about.”
The CG Extreme conference will be held at Citibank Hall in Rio de Janeiro on April 27 and 28, with tickets available on Grupo Seven’s website. The six Full Sail alumni scheduled to speak during the two-day event are:
- Laurie Brugger (2000 Computer Animation graduate; 2011 Full Sail Hall of Fame inductee) Laurie is a senior rigger at Framestore in London, England, where her credits have included Captain America: The First Avenger, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, and Where the Wild Things Are.
- Chance Glasco (2001 Computer Animation graduate; 2012 Full Sail Hall of Fame inductee) Chance is a senior animator at Infinity Ward, and has worked on Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
- Nathaniel Howe (2002 Computer Animation graduate) Nathaniel is creative director and partner at Nathaniel James, and has helped produce music videos, commercials, and films for clients like Pepsi, Disney, Microsoft, MTV, Ford, ABC, and Universal Pictures.
- Sebastian Krys (1991 Recording Arts graduate; 2009 Full Sail Hall of Fame inductee) Sebastian is a multiple GRAMMY and Latin GRAMMY-winning producer and engineer. He has worked on acclaimed projects alongside artists like Shakira, Gloria Estefan, Carlos Vives, Ricky Martin, and Luis Fonsi.
- Cordy Rierson (1993 Film graduate; 2009 Full Sail Hall of Fame inductee) Cordy has worked in both film and gaming, and is currently an executive producer at Microsoft Studios. Her credits include movies like Independence Day, and the games Silent Hill: Homecoming and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
- Jayson Whitmore (1997 Recording Arts graduate, 1998 Film graduate, 1999 Digital Media graduate; 2009 Full Sail Hall of Fame inductee) Jayson is the creative director/founder of Royale, and has done work for clients like Nike, Apple, Madonna, Diesel, VH1, McDonalds, Nickelodeon, and Kodak.